12 February 2012

The G in Gratitude

For quite some time, I have been wanting to put up a blog where I can, not just express myself but, make enough sense of my personal experiences to deserve audience. But what to write about? To post nothing more than bits of my everyday life is quite narrow and hoggish – I'd leave that to some in Facebook and Twitter. I'm never vain nor confident to want to speak fashion, so no. I've been to several places, yes, but not sufficient to fill a credible travel diary. I'm also too frugal in my ways I don't think I can glorify every food I eat. Even when I eat good food, I don't think I am qualified to judge it fairly and not just according to my innocent palate.

Even so, I want to write about most of these and more. But what happens to coherence? I myself despise online journals of scattered thoughts about whatever comes the way. So for a unifying theme, I thought of one that is laudable as much as it is laudatory. And, as you can see (thanks that you're here!), this is what I came up with.

For These I'm Grateful is a compilation of things worthy of thanks, from the mundane to the life-changing. I aspire to not limit gratitude to just the positive and desirable, but extend it to the unwanted and difficult. Though each day is a gift to be thankful for, my goal is to have no more than four posts, but at least one, every month. In bookmarking or reviewing, to effectively remember everything, one must highlight only the most important.

I write to be read, not because I aim to show off or be known, but because I want to share my experiences that I hope can, in whatever way, help or touch someone out there. I write to reach out to the past and future. I write to be read by my former and forthcoming friends, by my kids and grandchildren who are yet to be born, so that they, too, can be helped or touched somewhere down the road.

For finally finding reason and a beginning to this work in progress, I'm grateful.

No comments:

Post a Comment